Weight Loss for Pitta related problems
Pitta-Related Weight Imbalance
The second type of overweight imbalance occurs when a person has long-term ama build-up and the channels around the stomach area have been clogged, creating too much heat in the body.
Here, the appetite may be very high and the individual may experience a lot of thirst. The person may also experience heartburn or other pitta aggravated imbalances, such as irritability and impatience.
Instead of Be Trim Tea, an herbalized water consisting of small amounts of fenugreek, coriander, licorice and fennel should be taken during the day.
The herbalized water assists the thermogenic process:
- fenugreek burns fat and helps absorption,
- coriander eliminates toxins,
- licorice is cooling and
- fennel helps with digestion.
To make the water,
Boil 1 litre of water and pour into a thermos.
2 pinches ground fenugreek,
2 pinches licorice root,
1/4 teaspoon whole coriander seeds, and
1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds.
Drink throughout the day.
This Pitta Program calls for moderate exercise, about 30 minutes 3-4 times a week.
It is recommended that this type of person choose his or her exercise from the following: brisk walking, yoga, swimming, and light weight training.
* Eat lots of sweet juicy fruits.
* These individuals should be on a pitta-pacifying diet, and include squash, warm
milk, and homemade butter-milk in their diet.
* Stewed prunes and figs can be eaten on the weekends to provide a gentle
laxative therapy without disturbing pitta.
* A self-massage called "abhyanga" with our Ambrosia Organic Coconut Oil will
help to further balance pitta.
* It is also recommended to use a spice mixture of 1 part turmeric, 2 parts cumin, 3
parts coriander, and four parts fennel to be cooked with vegetables or legumes.
Beating Back Stress
Common to both imbalances is overeating due to emotional stress.
This can manifest as eating when you are not hungry or looking for something sweet to pacify a bad mood.
If this is the case, it is recommended:
- to take Blissful Joy tabletsto uplift the emotions or Worry Free Tabletsand
Worry Free Teato help avoid overeating due to anxious thoughts.
- A teaspoon of Rose Petal Preserve, Be Trim Tea, one date, or a little lassi will
also help if you experience sugar cravings.
- Practicing stress reducing techniques such as Transcendental Meditation®, or
doing yoga asanas is also effective.
- Receiving massage therapy once a week, regular exercise and surrounding
yourself with positive people are other practical tips to overcome emotional
Maharishi Ayurveda also recommends:
* avoiding commercial protein powder drinks. Instead eat live protein filled with the
intelligence of nature from almonds (no more than 10 per day), walnuts,
legumes,sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and milk products. Our
Ambrosia Moringa Herbal Powder
Be Trim 2 (MA1007)
Balancing appetite, fat metabolism; stomach acidity - for excessive appetite
- Helps to balances abnormal or excessive appetite
- Assists with hyperacidity
- Enhances metabolic processes, helping to reduce weight gain
If you have a strong to excessive appetite along with weight gain this herbal formula is for you.
This potent combination of 14 herbs can help balance your appetite, assist with fat metabolism, slow carbohydrate absorption and help balance cholesterol production.
Do not take along with Radiant Skin (MA926), Elim Tox (MA1010) or MA1000
Be Trim Tea .............. 20 bags in a box - R69.00
Kapha Tea ................ 20 bags in a box - R59.00
Worry Free Tea ......... 20 bags in a box - R60.00
Worry Free Tablets .... 60 tablets - R169.00
Moringa Powder ........ 200gm - R189.00
Blissful Joy Tablets..... 60 tablets - R169.00
Be Trim Tablets II ...... 60 tablets -
Contact Details: Ambrosia Offices:
Tel 012 321 5443 Fax 086 678 1286
Cell: 076 334 5651